ABOUT THE THAMES VALLEY LEARNING PARTNERSHIP (TVLP)
The TVLP is an equal partnership of state and independent secondary-aged schools in Berkshire.
The TVLP’s aims include:
- Providing collaborative and informative experiences for secondary-aged students across a range of subjects, thereby providing a variety of learning opportunities and diversity in social and cultural engagement.
- Ensuring that staff across our schools are able to share their passion for their specialist subjects and good practice with one another, and exchange views about current educational issues.
St Joseph’s Catholic High School is one of the founding schools in the TVLP.
The other schools in the partnership include (listed in alphabetical order) Beechwood School, Eton College, Holyport College, The Langley Academy, Slough & Eton C of E Business & Enterprise College, St Mary’s School Ascot, and The Windsor Boys’ School.
The TVLP run a series of events, from high profile speakers, to subject specific events, and a Student Leadership Conference.
In 2020, these include:
- TVLP Speaker Event with Lord Bird, Founder of The Big Issue
- TVLP World Book Day Author Event
- TVLP Make a Change Environmental Event
To see a list of upcoming events, see the website: tvlp.org.uk/upcoming-events
There are competitions throughout the year.
In 2019-2020, these have included:
- TVLP Logo Design Competition
- TVLP Student Environmental Photographer of the Year
- TVLP Win a Book Competition
- TVLP Hope Competition.
To see a list of current TVLP competitions, see the website: tvlp.org.uk/competitions
Clare Matheson is the Thames Valley Learning Partnership Coordinator.
She was appointed in September 2019 to create and deliver a programme of events, competitions, networks and actions which will benefit the students and staff across all TVLP schools.
Prior to her appointment, Clare had a successful career in project management in the third sector. She has relevant experience across a range of skills including events, communication, marketing and fundraising.
Outside of her TVLP role, she plays an active part in her childrens’ school PTA.
Clare stated, “I’m really excited by the prospect of state and independent school collaboration. Opening up the different facilities, resources and contacts in each school will help increase the opportunities, experience and knowledge available to students, teachers and support staff across the partnership.”
To contact Clare email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each school has nominated a senior member of staff within their school to be their TVLP Champion. They are all staff that have been chosen because of their enthusiasm for the TVLP and their ability to get things done.
The Champions’ meet with the TVLP Coordinator regularly throughout the school year and help promote the events, competitions, and networks to students and staff within their schools.
The TVLP Champion for St Joseph’s Catholic High School is Rhian Morgans
TVLP CONTACT DETAILS
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.tvlp.org.uk
- Twitter: @ThamesValleyLP