16-19 Tuition Fund and Online Support
Impact Statement - the 16 to 19 tuition fund 2021 to 2022 academic year
The Government has introduced the 16 to 19 tuition fund which is a £96 million of one-off funding for the 2021 to 2022 academic year only. It is ring fenced funding for schools, colleges and all other 16 to 19 providers to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our share of this funding is £11,732
The guidance related to the fund means that
- Only learners who do not have 5-9 passes in either or both English and Maths GCSE at the end of KS4 can be supported by this fund.
- The Fund is not limited to supporting GCSE Maths and English but can be for any aim in the learner’s programme of study.
- The need for support will be determined and agreed between the eligible learners and staff.
- Typically support will be in the form of online tuition over and above the teaching timetabled for that subject.
Evaluating the impact of last year’s spending and using the guidance provided by the Education Endowment Foundation, we will look to improve on the support provided to be even more effective.
MyTutor Online Tuition Support
St Joseph's Sixth Form has partnered up with www.mytutor.co.uk in order to provide 1:1 online tuition for students who are eligible for the Government Catch Up scheme as well as those that recieve the 16-19 Bursary.
MyTutor have provided resources for students to look at before their first session. These will support students in accessing their online tuition and you may access them on the OneDrive via the link below. You will find:
- Video - At Home Learning Guide - a recorded webinar session.
- MyTutor - At Home Learning Guide - PDF
- Video - Intro to the Learning Space
- MyTutor - Parent/Pupil Cheat Sheet (for troubleshooting)- PDF
Click here to log on (with your school email address and password): https://stjosephssloughsch.sharepoint.com/:f:/s/StudentResources/EhULd8oB62RGvGjGlL2tLFMBAwHwdeae0e7CH_G8jGgjFg?e=prOtoS