Attendance is important for the development of students. We believe strongly in enabling all students to achieve. We aim to inspire the pupils of today to become leaders of tomorrow and expect all parents and carers to support us in achieving this goal by ensuring their child attends school on time.
- Arrive at school at 8.20am
- Arrive promptly at their tutor room to be registered at 8.25am (gates close promptly at 8.20am)
- Advise the school of an absence in writing in advance
- Obtain permission from the Head of Year if they have to leave the premises during the school day
- Pupils in years 7 to 11 are not allowed off-site during break or lunch times
- Appointments for doctors, opticians or dentists treatments should not be made during the school day
- Produce an appointment card for exceptional medical or other treatment accompanied by a written request from their parent/guardian which should be presented to the Form Tutor.
PARENTS/CARERS SHOULD ENCOURAGE GOOD ATTENDANCE BY:
- Talking regularly with your child about school and how they feel about it.
- Do not take holidays during term time (these will not be authorised)
- Do not allow your child to take time off unless it is really necessary.
- Ensure your child is in school during exams weeks and for controlled assessments
- Discuss with the school, at the earliest opportunity, any problems or worries that might be affecting your child’s attendance.
- Produce an appointment card for exceptional medical or other treatment accompanied by a written request from a parent/guardian which should be presented to the Form Tutor in advance
REPORTING PUPIL ABSENCE
Parents should make contact on the first day of absence. If a pupil is likely to be absent for more than THREE days, the school should be notified as to the likely date of her return. Parents are asked to telephone or email the school as soon as possible before 8.00am to let us know why your daughter is away from school. If we fail to hear from you, we will attempt to contact a member of your family.
On the day of return, all pupils must bring a note, signed and dated by their parents, explaining their absence to the form tutors.
St Joseph’s Catholic High School
Shaggy Calf Lane, Slough, Berkshire, SL2 5HW