St. Joseph’s Catholic High School GCSE Results
Best ever GCSE (and A ‘level) results the school has ever seen.
- 5+ A* – C including English and Maths 75%, an increase of 20% on top of last year’s results
- At GCSE overall pass rate 5 A*-G was 100%
For a non-selective school we are exceptionally proud of the students’ progress and determination to be successful. In particular we are delighted with outstanding performances from the following students in their GCSEs:
- Liwia Nosarzewska –2 x 9, 3 x A*, 8 x As, 1 x B
- Gabriela Michalowska – 1 x 9, 2 x 8, 5 x A*, 5 x A, 1 x B, 1 x C
- Julita Napieralska – 2 x 8, 1 x 6, 2 x A*, 3 x A, 6 x B, 1 X C
- Nana Yaa Asiedua – 2 x 7, 2 x A*, 1 x B, 1 x C
- Janea Hodge Philip – 1 x 8, 1 x 7, 1 x 5, 1 x A*, 3 x A, 2 x B
Also many of our students have overcome some remarkable hurdles to see success:
- Jonathan Cabasa only arrived in England at the beginning of 2013 with very limited English. In his GCSEs he achieved a grade 5 and 4 in English Literature and language, a grade 6 in Maths, one A*, 3 As and four Bs
- Chiedza Maradha came to England from Zimbabwe in 2010 and has achieved a grade 6 in English Language, three Bs, and four Cs.
Record numbers will now make the transition to St Joseph’s high-performing sixth form. Head of School Louise Baker said ‘I would like to thank Staff, parent and students for their efforts in showing consistently high standards that have resulted in year on year improvements, which is a measure of the improved ethos and culture of the school.’