Exam Results 2017
St. Joseph’s Catholic High School GCSE Results
Best ever GCSE (and A ‘level) results the school has ever seen.
- 5+ A* – C including English and Maths 75%, an increase of 20% on top of last year’s results
- At GCSE overall pass rate 5 A*-G was 100%
For a non-selective school we are exceptionally proud of the students’ progress and determination to be successful. In particular we are delighted with outstanding performances from the following students in their GCSEs:
- Liwia Nosarzewska –2 x 9, 3 x A*, 8 x As, 1 x B
- Gabriela Michalowska – 1 x 9, 2 x 8, 5 x A*, 5 x A, 1 x B, 1 x C
- Julita Napieralska – 2 x 8, 1 x 6, 2 x A*, 3 x A, 6 x B, 1 X C
- Nana Yaa Asiedua – 2 x 7, 2 x A*, 1 x B, 1 x C
- Janea Hodge Philip – 1 x 8, 1 x 7, 1 x 5, 1 x A*, 3 x A, 2 x B
Also many of our students have overcome some remarkable hurdles to see success:
- Jonathan Cabasa only arrived in England at the beginning of 2013 with very limited English. In his GCSEs he achieved a grade 5 and 4 in English Literature and language, a grade 6 in Maths, one A*, 3 As and four Bs
- Chiedza Maradha came to England from Zimbabwe in 2010 and has achieved a grade 6 in English Language, three Bs, and four Cs.
Record numbers will now make the transition to St Joseph’s high-performing sixth form. Head of School Louise Baker said ‘I would like to thank Staff, parent and students for their efforts in showing consistently high standards that have resulted in year on year improvements, which is a measure of the improved ethos and culture of the school.’
- A levels: 38.5% A* – B, A* – C 77%.
- All level 3 qualifications: A* – B 40%, A* -C 77%.
Our A ‘level results have increased every year for the past 4 years, however this year has been a significant jump with a 11% increase in the number of A grades and a 20% increase in A* – C. We are so proud of our students’ success and the hard work they and the staff have put into these incredibly tough qualifications. All of our Year 13 students have secured really exciting destinations including apprenticeships for Fujitsu, O2 and British Airways. We have students going on to study courses such as Bio-Medical Science, Engineering, International Business at Universities including Leeds, Bristol, Royal Holloway, Exeter and Manchester.
This cohort have made rapid progress since their GCSE results, with an average GCSE grade of a C they have surpassed targets and projections at A‘level. As a school we are so very proud of these fantastic results.
So many successes but some individuals with particularly impressive outcomes:
- Martin Lynch – Business A*, Economics A, History A, EPQ A
- Ruby Bishop – Psychology A*, English lit A, Media B, EPQ B
- Daniel Ischuk – Maths A, Physics B, Business A, EPQ A
- Maisie Tucker – Performing Arts Distinction* Distinction*, Psychology A, History B, English lit B, EPQ A*
- Patsy Murphy – Performing Arts Distinction* Distinction*, Sociology A, Media B, EPQ A
We have also seen an increase in attainment for our A/S performance with our largest ever year 12 cohort. With A/S A* – C improving to 50%, an increase of 16%. Individual successes:
- Simran Ghotra – Sociology A, Law A, History B
- Damian Walczak – Maths A, Physics A, Psychology B, Media B
- Rhys Williams – Geography B. Sociology A, Psychology B, Law B
- Omair Malik – Sociology A, Business B, Economics B, Maths B