Exam Results 2022
KS4 & KS5 Exam Results 2022
Unlocking belief and potential – a day of celebration at St Joseph’s Catholic High School
Students and staff at St Joesph’s Catholic High School were jumping for joy today after finding out about the GCSE results.
Across the school, every demographic of student significantly achieved above and beyond what was expected of them – with unvalidated data suggesting that on average every young person achieved at least half a grade higher than would be typically expected of them in every single subject.
In total, over 77% of students achieved at least five GCSEs including grade 4s in English and maths, and two thirds of students achieved the same outcome but with a 5+.
Among the smiling faces were:
- Eugenia Fernades who achieved four 9s and seven 8s
- Danica Amon who celebrated three 9s, a Distinction*, three 8s and four 7s
- Max Ishchuk who secured three 9s, four 8s, a 7 and three 6s
- Clinton Njoku who achieved one 9, five 8s and three 6s
- Tilly Harcup who achieved a 9, four 8s, five 7s and a 6
- Christopher Boyle impressed with four 9s, one 8s, one 7, four 6s and one 5s
- Aiden Daliling with four 8s, five 7s and two 6s
Ciran Stapleton, Headteacher, said: “These results are phenomenal.
“What is important to remember is that we are in an area with selective schools. The fact that our results are so strong is down to one thing, and that is we are all so committed to enabling every child to unlock their belief in themselves, their talent and their faith.
“While it is the top grades that will always capture the headlines, I want to say a huge well done to every student. Students who come from what the Government clarifies as more challenging backgrounds actually defied national averages and made the most progress of any of our students. Given everything that they have been through during the pandemic, this is simply incredible.
“It would be wrong not to acknowledge our staff as well. Their generosity in terms of spirit and time have helped each student to find their way in their own time. We care deeply about every child, and days like today show what can be achieved when we all work so closely together.”
“Super” set of results at St Joseph’s Catholic High School
A Levels (including EPQ & Core Maths)
A*-A 15 %
A*-B 40% 95 students in total
A*-C 66% Average A level Grade: C
Distinction*/ Distinction 44% 27 students in total
Distinction*/ Merit 61% Average grade: Merit+
Ciran Stapleton, Head Teacher, said:
“The students at St Joseph’s have pulled it off again. The students have increased their grades from the last set of examined exams by over 10% in each category (against 2019) once again with a significant value added score with an astonishing increase in progress in our BTEC subjects. What no-one should forget is that this year all these students have done an incredible job at the first time of asking of formal public exams having spent a significant amount of their senior school life learning online. We are proud of them not just for the results they have achieved but for the resilience they have shown in getting to this point – we don’t select success here, we unlock it.”
Among the smiling faces were:
Aidan Lambourne A* A A B
Stephanie Redmond A* A A
Natalie Shaundale A B B
Imsal Khan A B B
Martyna Kucynska A* A B B
Emma Kingsman A A B & Distinction (BTEC)
Julianna Fallaria A B B B
Ellie Forsdick A A B & Distinction (BTEC)
Wiktor Szmczyk A B C
Robert Soper A B C & Distinction (BTEC)
Universities our students will be bringing our set of values to include; Rose Bruford, East-15, University of Bath, Chichester, Essex, Kings College, Royal Holloway, Kingston, Queen Mary’s, Southampton, Surrey and Augsburg University in The United States of America.
More students were successful in attending top universities than in our last set of national exam results in 2019 – a statistic we are proud of and a result of the ambition we foster in our students.
76% of the cohort are going to university with the remaining 24% having secured Apprenticeships or positions in the world of work.