St. Joseph’s Catholic High School
- A levels: 38.5% A* – B, A* – C 77%.
- All level 3 qualifications: A* – B 40%, A* -C 77%.
Our A ‘level results have increased every year for the past 4 years, however this year has been a significant jump with a 11% increase in the number of A grades and a 20% increase in A* – C. We are so proud of our students’ success and the hard work they and the staff have put into these incredibly tough qualifications. All of our Year 13 students have secured really exciting destinations including apprenticeships for Fujitsu, O2 and British Airways. We have students going on to study courses such as Bio-Medical Science, Engineering, International Business at Universities including Leeds, Bristol, Royal Holloway, Exeter and Manchester.
This cohort have made rapid progress since their GCSE results, with an average GCSE grade of a C they have surpassed targets and projections at A‘level. As a school we are so very proud of these fantastic results.
So many successes but some individuals with particularly impressive outcomes:
- Martin Lynch – Business A*, Economics A, History A, EPQ A
- Ruby Bishop – Psychology A*, English lit A, Media B, EPQ B
- Daniel Ischuk – Maths A, Physics B, Business A, EPQ A
- Maisie Tucker – Performing Arts Distinction* Distinction*, Psychology A, History B, English lit B, EPQ A*
- Patsy Murphy – Performing Arts Distinction* Distinction*, Sociology A, Media B, EPQ A
We have also seen an increase in attainment for our A/S performance with our largest ever year 12 cohort. With A/S A* – C improving to 50%, an increase of 16%. Individual successes:
- Simran Ghotra – Sociology A, Law A, History B
- Damian Walczak – Maths A, Physics A, Psychology B, Media B
- Rhys Williams – Geography B. Sociology A, Psychology B, Law B
- Omair Malik – Sociology A, Business B, Economics B, Maths B